Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WmRm2, #6 Return to NfE

From: jorn@chinet.com (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sat, 22 May 1993 03:26:14 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: WmRm2, #6 Return to NfE
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds)
Cc: jorn@chinet.com (Jorn Barger)

(or, In the foothills of Dreaming...)

[Thanks to whoever called the anniversary seance, friday night a week!  It
was ***great*** for me!!!  So: Friday the 28th, midnight EDT, 11 CDT, 10
mtn, 9 aquarian:  NfE Seance, with tD followup starting at the next
hourmark, for troopers?]

  o     o

     o        o         o

Of all Kate's albums

_Never for Ever_

has for me

a golden  delectable  sundrop brightness
                                         *unequalled*

(next to which tD sounds positively *beset*)
((except Tenner, maybe, and Swallow!))

each song starts strong

most have breathy, *percussive* bv's

(count the daring dozens of sampled sounds
filling Katespace with *new textures*)

(follow the preciseweaving harmonies
knotwork, celtic  :  Book of Kells)

*hear* that cathyinnocence, being

        shedsloughedstripped       shattered

Babooshka
the early (and late) 'texturing' balalaika fill --
during "she sent him scented letters"
the swooping siren's bungee sproing --
and during "and when he laid eyes on her"
her bv's insane warbling cackle --
and during "freezed down in"
a brief siberian gust --
neat drumwork,
and the tingly crockery-rattle at the end
(her lyriccraft still tKI-era, but angriest yet)
((angry at *men*))

Delius
(...Satie, Chopin...)
(   chiffonsatin    )
an NfE heavensong (unfitting any other katealbum)
the montypython grumbler
...sy-phi-lus...
paddy or ian's magnificent bass    followed-immediately-by
ian or paddy's (tolerable) clinker
(emily dickinson, american:  i heard a fly buzz when i died)

Blow away
(goodbye!!!)
(always, goodbye...)
heavensong 2, again NfE-fit-only (tho Lh-close, at the start)
names into sounds into loveybabble
escapist wish, from karma maya

All we ever look for
bold pianna, & burble-up...
ecstatic, exuberant pennywhistle (anticipating Swallow's ecstatic u-pipes)
multiplucked strings, bellows-breaths
heavensong3
Tolstoy: "...he heard the sound of very, very rapid light footsteps over
the parquet floor, and his happiness, his life, his own self-- his better
self, which he had sought and yearned for for so long-- came rapidly toward
him..." (_Anna Karenin_)
at the end, an instrumental *om*

Egypt
(egyptian art's so spookycoolgreat)
      gypsy  mystery
...chasin out my  Demon...
naaah, nahnah-naah, nahnaah-nahnaah-nah    \\ (missing from andy's lyrics ;^)
pure Dreaming crescendo (Breathing, too)
(nonKate keyboard-noodling)

The wedding list
Lh-era sounding, angry atmenagain
(Glenn Close *is* Fatal Attraction...)
Kate's sole use of harmonica?
drumtattoos
musical saw!  sounding theraminlike
a flash of bassdrum bravado, SiYL-like

Violin
innocent Lh-era lyric, surferbass, dumbdrumming
(past shriekie-songs: WH, Kite, DPYFotHb, CHg?, HH)

The infant kiss
heavensong4
deny/indulge\deny
(in your sitter's lap!)
(listen for the lironi!?)
harmonies <-?-> Army dreamers

Night-scented stock
heavendelicacy
 modulating  into
orgasmfrantic

Army dreamers
(v'tikptoc)
smiling thru her old tears
halfway to Rocketman
(this too shall pass)
waltz --> SiG,  ? -?-> Swallow
(Irish? accent puton)
(i see four dancers' patterned interweaving)
((*way* more intricate than that 'Carol Burnett' video-version ;^))

Breathing
the "Terminator-2 song"
radiation-harmonics
...after goodlust... *heliumbomb*
metalpowerchords come \\S//T\\A//L\\K//I\\N//G\\
(tD here we come...)
ShivaKate sucking up the last of Our air

  a slow silk settles

that final throb      (throatchakra magic)