Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Groves (who is she anyway?)

From: lan@Panix.Com (Larry Nathanson)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1993 04:53:39 GMT
Subject: Re: Happy Groves (who is she anyway?)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <Pine.3.05.9305131814.B4152-9100000@ultrix.uor.edu> 96aander@ultrix.uor.edu (By-Tor Blackwing) writes:

>Sorry to be culturally illiterate, but 'Who is the Happy Groves person,

Assuming you mean Happy Rhodes, all I have to say is that I saw a mention
of this person a few months back on r.m.g being favorably compared to
Kate Bush..  Eventually I tracked down 2 albums, and the rest is history.

I now own all 6, and I'm a rabid fan...  *IMHO* her voice overshadows
Kate, Tori, Jane S., Sarah M., and Enya.  It sits next to my PG albums
with pride!

I can't recommend her music enough - her vocal range goes from as high
as Kate on TKI, to as low as Annie Lenox.  Her lyrics strike a chord
somewhere deep inside that I can't even begin to describe...  The
whole thing puts together so perfectly, it's beyond belief - it
doesn't matter if she's just playing the guitar or all of her funky
MIDI toys...

The only problem is that her CD's can be hard to find...  I can dig up the
PO box if anyone needs it...

--L