Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: First Post

From: mojzes@tiger.vill.edu (brni)
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 05:04:07 GMT
Subject: Re: First Post
Expires: Mon, 17 May 1993 04:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@vu-vlsi.ee.vill.edu

In article <930516173114.21c02794@glerl.noaa.gov> RIDLEY@glerl.noaa.gov writes:
>and we broke up. A year or so latter I saw the video to 'Love and Anger'.
>Kate talked before it and said that she really didn't know what the song was
>about, but I knew. This would have to be my favorite song.

i think that my favorite is "under the ivy"

>  I would like to make a comment before asking a couple of questions though.
>Chris Williams: please think before you post. Brian (?) was asking a question
>an honest question. If you have had "fan"tacies about your "heroes" don't
>automatically think that everyone else does too. If I were to ask if Kate
>Bush belongs to the National Rifle Ass. would you automatically think that I
>have fanticies about Kate carrying a berreta. Even though, in your eyese, I
>am a larve (I would write it in smaller letters but my computer doesn't do
>that) doesn't mean that I or anyone else can ask honest questions. And if
>you think that it is none of my business to know whatever it is that I asked,
>just say so, don't attack mine (or anyone elses character.)

this is not a flame. no matter what comes out, this is not a flame.
i think that chris did a fairly tactful job of defending the privacy
of kate's sex life: something that she has made a concerted effort at
keeping private.  it is fairly natural for people to develop fantasies
of people who impact their lives like kate does for us (especially when
her early stuff was packaged in such a sexual manner).  i have.  i don't
think that this reflects negatively on my character, nor would i consider
anyone elses fantasies as somehow reflecting negatively on *their* character.
however, it is as an *artist* that kate interacts with us.  that artist
has fairly bluntly told people that her sex life is non of their business,
and i think that as much as we respect her and her art, we have a certain
obligation not go about broadcasting theories about her sexuality.

in other words, since i've long past the larval stage of katefandom,
the frequency of katedreams has diminished.  still happens though,
but they are *my* fantasies, not public domain, nor reflective of
kate herself.  and they will stay mine.

brni

"Take a look at the stars
 And see them once without wishing."
				Joanna Ho

>     Aaron Ridley
>     (ridley@glerl.noaa.gov)

ps.  in reply to both your questions: no one REALLY knows, but there
is a strong rumor that it'll be out in the fall, and there is a less
strong rumor that she'll tour.  if she tours the us, i'm gettin' me
a vw microbus...

	KATEHEADS R US!!!