Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Singles

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: 14 May 1993 16:37:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Singles
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9305132149.AA18406@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Gord Locke) writes:
>	When was this "She's A Rebel" book published?  I haven't heard
>of it before.  Was it in the list of Kate publications at the FTP site?
>If it's good, I'l try to buy it.  Does anyone have mail-order
>information?

I don't know if it would be in a list of Kate publications, because
it really isn't one.  It's a book about the history of women in rock
music.  The author, Gillian Gaar, is a Kate fan, and so naturally there
are several pages about Kate.  But that's in a several HUNDRED page book.

As for mail order -- I notice you're in Canada.  Do bookstores there
have Books in Print, or the Canadian equivalent?  As I said before,
the book is very easy to find in the USA.  All bookstores around
here seem to have it.  So check with a bookstore in Canada that does
special orders, and see what the situation is like there.  They may
carry the book, or it may be available in Canada as a special order,
or they may have to order the book from the USA.  It shouldn't be
terribly difficult to get.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov