Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate & travel

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 19:17 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate & travel
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>I am having a discussion with a fellow enthusiaist regarding Kate Bush and a
>fear of aircraft.  This comes from rumours that she did a concert in
>Vancouver, Canada in the 80s.

   Kate has never played a concert in Canada.

   Kate doesn't *like* to fly but she has flown in the past. When she
visited the US and Canada to promote _Hounds_ she arrived on the
Concorde to minimize the amount of time she would have to spend in
the plane.She was supposed to visit the US to promote _The Dreaming_
and passage was booked on the QE II. The atlantic crossing was canceled
due to engine trouble and rather than fly she canceled the trip. We
assume that her trips to Austrailia and Japan were by plane. There is
a story that she traveled to Las Vegas for some record company meeting
and was "treated" to an air tour of the Grand Canyon!

>Does anyone know.
                           Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)