Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More Non-Kate stuff about World Party

From: The Freelance Purple People Eater <kennedyj@ul.ie>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1993 16:45:35 +0100 (WET DST)
Subject: Re: More Non-Kate stuff about World Party
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

21 April, rick@sq.sq.com (Rick Innis) waxing re World Party
> estephen@netcom.com (E. Stephen Mack) writes:
> >ITEM:
> >Well, I'm in love with the new World Party single, "Is It Like Today?".
> Great track....
Absolutely....

> >I don't know much about World Party
> Set up by the ex-keyboard player from the Waterboys, around 1986/87.  Don't
> know much more than that.
Yeah, you're right (Karl Wallinger being the man in question), they have two
albums that I know of (and have) (not counting the new one, which I have
heard a couple of songs off of and seems excellent) "World Party" and
"Goodbye Jumbo". If you like the new stuff I think you would definitely
like these.

> 	--Rick.
Sorry about the non-Kateishness of the message, but I'm bored, and I have
to pass the time until 5:00 :-)

Jim