Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Magic 110 i have met the enemy, and my he does go on

From: jondr@sco.COM
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 10:48:24 PDT
Subject: Re: Magic 110 i have met the enemy, and my he does go on
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: jondr@sco.COM

jorn barger, again:
>If you try to use Occam's razor to prove that my *experience* is delusional,
>you're just a science-mugger.

did you know that one of the church of scientology's main rules is
"what's true for you is true"?  this helps them function in society
while clinging to their patently absurd hypotheses.  i think perhaps
you should check out some church of scientology material - it seems to
be right in line with your mode of thinking.

>"It's all in your mind" (see below) is *always* toxic, it seems to
>me, because it alienates people from trusting their perceptions,
>making it easier for the liars to pick their pockets.  Yes, people do
>hallucinate, but you should deal with that by encouraging them to
>*look more closely* at their experiencing, not by encouraging denial.

in that case, how do you identify a true delusion/hallucination?  or
do you deny the existence of purely imagined experiences?

>Well, no, I don't count "all in your head" as respecting my experiences, no
>way.  In fact, I would call that *distilled, malevolent, unconscious evil*.

that's sick.  where would the world be without "all in your head"
experiences?  how many artists are urged to pick up a pen, musical
instrument or film camera by ideas that were only available inside
their own brains?

you should respect the inside of your head a little more, jorn.

--
Jon Drukman (an emulsifier)                                       jondr@sco.com
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.