Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in comics...

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 93 10:28:41 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate in comics...
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <C4Mssq.3vz@news.cso.uiuc.edu>:
>	During my wanderings through the local comics bins in the area, I came
>upon "Media Starr" by Innovation Comics.  Now it wouldn't have caught my eye
>except that on the cover of the one that I found, there was and EXACT COPYING
>of the cover from Kate Bush's _The Dreaming_.  Now, I looked through it, and
>though it seemed to be a boring version of "Ms. Tree", I wondered why Kate
>was chosen for the cover artwork (even though she is a babe schwing), since the
>inside had nothing to do with her.

That was a series of three that came out in the late 1980s.  As you say,
the inside artwork has nothing to do with the covers, which are taken
directly from some of Kate's albums.  I have an artist friend who is also
a big Kate Bush fan (but who does not have net access), and she wrote to
the artist to ask about this.  He said, basically, that he too was a big
KB fan, and thought the pictures looked nice.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov