Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Comic

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 93 09:53:11 PST
Subject: Kate Comic
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

It's Here!  I've got mine!  I'm so happy!

Well, now that that's over with and I've read it...my opinions - since I
know you're all dying to hear them :)

Well a huge compliment goes out to the fabulous artists who have drawn
pictures of Kate for the Homeground publications in the past.  They should
have phoned you people!  In this comic Kate is drawn inconsistantly at
best and completely unrecognizable the rest of the time.  Not to mention
the drawings of Peter Gabriel and Dave Gilmour!  I never would have recognized
"Peter" if they hadn't mentioned who he was!

The other thing that drove me absolutely crazy was the repeated reference to
Kate's breasts!  Get a life guys!  They make it sound like she's about to
explode any minute!  Geez!

As for the actual story... well I am definately not an expert but it seems
to follow the basic history so far, though the dramatization probably blows
a lot of things out of proportion.

*Sigh*  Oh well, it's cute, it's fun, if not very well-done.  And it's nice
that Kate was remembered for a change instead of being ignored by the main
stream here in North America like she usually is.  It's also probably one of
the least expensive bits of memorabelia available at $3.33 Canadian.

Andrea.