Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED0DXM

From: toc@digitalk.com (Tim O'Connor)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1993 15:09:42 PST
Subject: IED0DXM
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds)

REGARDING                IED0DXM
people:

Aw, |>oug, why'd ya have to go blow the mystique? Always full of facts, eh?

The thing I glommed on to IEDs moniker lo! these many years ago was another
relation to IBM. In the old days (and for all I know of yet today) IBM error
codes all seemed to start with IED. At least the ones I ran across most
often. The documentation was of absolutely no use in debugging since it all
seemed to consist of words to similar to: "Contact your local IBM
representative and report error IED47821".

So, when it came to seeking truth in the many mysteries surrounding our
beloved Kate who else would I turn to but ... IED? (The usefulness of his
information is a question I refuse to address :-)

where angels fear to tread,
to'c

--
"A typical long haired half mad computer programmer on a typical computer
keyboard with odd toys scattered liberally about."