Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: value of signed album?

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 06 Mar 1993 16:53:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: value of signed album?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

drk@leland.stanford.edu (David Koehler),
  in article <9303010527.AA22132@leland.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> I have the opportunity to buy a signed copy of _HoL_ (vinyl).
> Does anyone have an idea of the value of such an item?  I'd say
> the record itself is VG/VG, certainly not mint, and is signed in blue
> ink on the front cover.  Is US$40 too much, or a reasonable deal?

We paid $45 for what looks to me like a mint copy of _The Dreaming_ a
couple of years back.  That has been considered a steal by everyone I've
talked to.  I'm not sure what this might be worth as a "collector's item"
but it's worth a lot more than that to us.  I only which we had one signed
*to* us and preferably in person.

Speaking of having things signed in person, does anyone know just how many
people attended Kate's appearance at Tower Records in New York back in
1985?   I ask because Tori Amos attracted around 500 people to Rose Records
in Chicago and I can't imagine what kind of mob must have shown up for
Kate.  As it was, it took Tori over five hours to get to everyone.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US