Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Music in Volkswagen commercials

From: nudd@zikzak.apana.org.au (Nai Ying Kwok)
Date: 26 Feb 1993 23:24:53 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Music in Volkswagen commercials
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.oz.au
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer) writes:

>This is "Theme from Harry's Game" by Clannad.  It was used in
>_Patriot Games_, but was originally written for a BBC program
>whence comes the title.  The track is available on two albums,
>_Anam_ and _Magical Ring_; I'd recommend the latter as an
>introduction to them.

Hmm, you're abolutely right there.  I loved all of the early (pre-Anam)
stuff.  But IMO Clannad really stuffed up with Anam.  They abandoned the
kind of music they make really well and degenerated into a kind of soft,
jazzy saxophony kind of crap for no particular reason at all.

I ended up using the Anam CD as a frisbee, cos I'd bought it w/o
hesistation (or listening to it first) since I liked the other stuff so much.
<sigh> another good group bites the dust.

Only IMHO dudes/dudettes, so don't flame me!

NY

| nudd@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au | "Surrender? That's not defeat for a woman" |
| nudd@zikzak.apana.org.au   |  - Diana Rigg, "The Assassination Bureau"  |