Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah McLachlan

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 93 23:15:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Sarah McLachlan
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Steve Ward-Smith writes:

>I've just recently picked up "Sarah McLachlan Live" and "Solace".
>What I'd like to know is what is her first album called, is it still
>available and how does it compare to "Solace".

The first album is called _Touch, and it's musically and lyrically  a bit more
upbeat than _Solace_, though most of the lyrics are still rather depressing.
Includes two "instrumentals" (for which I'm including the voice as an
instrument).  If you like "Solace" and "Live" you'll almost certainly like
"Touch".

It's widely available in the USA, having been re-pressed shortly after
the US release of _Solace_.  Dunno 'bout the situation across the pond.

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka        | "Fairies are the perfect people to do this        |
|(suffering Bad Grammar) |  sort of work.  Biologically, their upper         |