Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another Commercial

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 93 14:55:35 PST
Subject: Another Commercial
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Okay, okay, I realize this is not the place for this but I have been encouraged
by the (much replied to) previous request.  It's the widest fishing net one
can throw, you know.  Anyway, if you'll all harken back to the summer olympics
and try to remember... there was a Seiko watch commercial.  Some of the scenes
had divers leaving the block.  The music was really intense... sort of an
operatic choir that resembled the Carmina Burrana by Carl Orff but it
wasn't that (I have it).  Does anyone know what it was?  It sent chills
up my spine.  I have to have that.

Oh, I saw Lioness at Heart in the States this weekend.  It was beautiful - and
beautifully expenseive (IMHO) at $70.  If this sounds good and you're interested
I saw it at Avalon Records in Bellingham.

Someone mentioned a recent release of Midge Ur (should be Ure) with Kate.  Is
this the Sister and Brother track?  Did the *BEST* in brackets mean that this
was a Midge Ure best of CD?  I was looking for Lament on CD this weekend and
heard that it is now out of print!  :-0  Why didn't I get it sooner (gnashing
of teeth)

So who won the best female vocalist award?  I imagine we all would have heard
had it been Kate.  Anyone?

Andrea.