Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

And, following up my own question about the CD reissue of _Pop-Eyes_, I
did get it and it's wonderful.  Everything is performed by DD, recorded on
a 4-track in 1982.  It's a lot quirkier and more primitive than the later
Dax, with eccentric sax solos, some TR-808 backing parts, amateurish-but-
cool guitar and percussion, weird synth sounds, the usual wide range of
Dax voices, etc.  The only tracks that I had heard before were "Bed Caves"
(on _Dark Adapted Eye_) and "Numb Companions" (the version on the Dax Peel
Sessions).  The CD itself is a nice picture-disc of the "meat collage" from
the cover artwork.  There's a full booklet with lyrics and more meat photos.

BTW, I'm still looking for that Japanese Dax CD, _The Chemical Wedding_.
If anyone spots a copy (or wants to sell theirs), I'll gladly pay the usual
hideous Japanese-import price for it (plus shipping).

--
Larry Spence
larry@cs.com