Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tasmin Archer

From: "S.Ward-Smith" <pcxsws@unicorn.nott.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 93 11:38:36 GMT
Subject: Re: Tasmin Archer
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.nott.ac.uk

In article <930215221439_555063.0_CHL40-1@CompuServe.COM> MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM (Mike Mendelson) writes:
>Has anyone heard of Tasmin Archer?  I heard a track from her
>album on the radio and thought it was pretty good.

She is British, she comes from Bradford in Yorkshire.
Her first album "Great Expectations" was released late last year.
The track you've heard is probably "Sleeping Satellite" which was her debut
single and was a UK number 1. This is far and away the best track on the album
but the rest isn't bad.
Cheers,
Steve

* Steve Ward-Smith          * "She takes the night train with her bible of*
* pcxsws@unicorn.nott.ac.uk * dreams, a suitcase pretty pink, a cassette  *
*                           * of fresh screams."                          *