Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Perfume Tree / Danielle Dax

From: okeefe@sfu.ca (Juliet O'Keefe)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1993 21:05:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Perfume Tree / Danielle Dax
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sfu.ca

In article <1993Feb12.045650.8394@cs.com>, larry@cs.com (Larry Spence)
wrote:

> Three questions: (1) Has anyone heard the group Perfume Tree?  Their ad
> blurb says "a cross between Dead Can Dance and Adrian Sherwood."

Perfume Tree is a local band (Vancouver, BC, Canada) who have
one release (cassette and CD) called Dust... it's rather atmospheric,
bass heavy, lots of high, floating vocals. I wouldn't compare
them to DCD, they have a much more synthesizer-landscape
kind of sound, if you know what I mean. Their label is called
Zulu records; call (604) 738-3232 for information.

Juliet

okeefe@sfu.ca+ On the hill I wait for wind - PJ Harvey