Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: lorenmo@microsoft.com
Date: Wed Feb 10 19:12:11 1993
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: lorenmo@microsoft.com (Loren Moore)
Subject: Re: 'cause it's so hard to see
Date: 11 Feb 93 03:12:00 GMT

In article <930205194620_555063.0_CHL109-1@CompuServe.COM> MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM wrote:
> Jeffy offers:
> > occasionally use incorrect grammar.  My favorite (and the most
> > personally annoying!) example is Gabriels "Games Without Frontiers"
> > in which he sings "If looks could kill they probably will."  There's an
>
> Man, this has *always* bothered since I first heard the song.
> Just grates on my linguistic sensibilities.
>
> But, I have *never* thought it was unintentional.

> -mjm

have you ever thought that it was a song about children, and (at least
in some ways) from their perspective. So, it would make sense to be
mislinguatized. Besides that, poetry doesn't have to be grammatical at
all. If art were only good when it was 'perfect' (and in what sense of
the word?), then it would be a dull world indeed.

daemien
who personally believes pg is god.

"There's an angel standing in the sun.
And he's crying with a loud voice.