Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: >Quoting< etiquette

From: rpeck@pure.com (Ray Peck)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1993 01:00:37 GMT
Subject: Re: >Quoting< etiquette
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <C1yHML.M4J@chinet.chi.il.us> jorn@chinet.chi.il.us (Jorn Barger) writes:
>so if anyone wants to email me a brief explanation of how to delete lines
>easily in whatever editors they use most, i'll see if this idea is practical...

Well, the easiest way in (gnu)emacs is to select a range, and delete
it.  With the standard keymapping, set the beginning of the range with
control-space.  Move to the end of the range, and delete with ^W.  The
range is put into the kill buffer, so you can later yank it back (^Y).

--
Ray Peck						rpeck@pure.com
Pure Software						  408-524-3000