Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: jane siberry

From: shaun@iris.mincom.oz.au (Man in Polyester Suit)
Date: 15 Jan 93 02:48:58 GMT
Subject: Re: jane siberry
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.oz.au@munnari.OZ.AU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

alive in an ocean a world of glad ice (v061n66g@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu) wrote:
: in answer to bilbo's question, when jane played at the
: queen's bedroom in toronto last month jane said the new lp
: won't be out until april, it seems the record company wasn't fully
: satisfied with her initial work and subsequently she wasn't
: fully satisfied with her work with brian eno...

Jane Siberry is working with BRIAN ENO ?!?!?!?  Mondo bizarro.  Another
strange and inexplicable link between otherwise wholly disparate artists in
my CD collection.

Once upon a time it could have been interesting, but I would have a hard time
reconciling Eno's current obssession with cold and clinical techno-boppery
with what I normally think of as Jane's textural warmth.  Or something.

What a world we live in...
-Shaun
--
    -----        "Baby's on fire, better throw her in the water
    \ = /---      Look at her laughing, like a heifer to the slaughter