Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"new" Never For Ever era boot

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 93 23:57:47 PST
Subject: "new" Never For Ever era boot
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Cloudbuster

        (I posted a message like this yesterday, but I don't think it
made it out of san Diego).

        This new Never For Ever boot sounds exciting.  By the
descriptions posted here, it would be the only time Kate has commented
directly on the crummy Fred V. books on her.  It's very rare that
interview boots (or any boots) nowadays contain any new material.
        I am going to see Andrew Marvick next month and he says he has
it so look for a transcription at the end of next month (I'll be in San
Fransico for a week, or else I'd transcribe it before then)>
        Also, it looks like I may be getting some more interviews
before then.  Tracy Robin (formerly of Still Breathing/Breakthough
fanzines) has promiced to send me a bunch of stuff, including Kate's
first ever radio interview!  Should be interesting.  This'll be the
first time in a long time that I've been promiced something and
actually gottin it!  (It's been a disappointing year, KT
Interview-wise).

        Following is a quote and an old message about Astrology (which
I don't personally belive in myself, but to each his own.

m8011;3

        Do you believe in astrology?
        Um, I think there's a lot in astrology.  I think it's a very
ancient, well mathatically planned out thing that a lot of people
boo-hoo.  And I think it's very unfair, because there's a lot of very
strong, scientific knowledge in there.  I think it's been
commercialized a lot, which is why people become so cynical.  But I
think the fact that people are born at a certain time, on a certain
day, with stars in certain position is bound to to have some effect on
that person because we are ruled by everything around us.
        So, every morning when your morning paper comes you grab it and
sorta leap through to your horoscope and see what your days going to be
like?
        Oh, no.  I don't believe those, I think they're rubbish.
They're just someone who's made a generalized, commercial thing for the
people to entertain themselves with.  I think real astrology, there is
something in it, yeah.   (1979, Personal Call)

---------