Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Xim? wow...

From: bjork@napa.Telebit.COM
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 93 10:30:34 -0800
Subject: Xim? wow...
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In article <1993Jan8.174459.10540@nntpd2.cxo.dec.com> clark@tiefly.enet.dec.com (Dave Clark) writes:
>Hi folks;

>In one of the directories at ftp.uu.net is a graphic (?) file,
>kate2.xim.Z

>What is the .XIM format, and where can I get a viewer for it?

Wow, that's still floating around...? It's an "X image" I created
before the wide availability of things like "xv" to look at
images using  X windows. The software came from someone at
MIT, but it's been a couple of years now and I can't remember.
I use xv now, myself. As for the image, it's output from a
frame grabber of a magazine photo of Kate. I still have
the gif and can make that available instead of the xim format.

--Steven