Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New in the list

From: froument@lifl.fr
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 93 19:43:07 +0100
Subject: Re: New in the list
To: Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.UU.NET

Bonjour a tous,

Philippe, dans ton message du 4 Janvier tu ecris :

>    What I regret for her last album is the lack of Irish instruments, but
>    I really love 'Love and Anger' & 'Rocket's Tail'.

Je ne suis pas entierement d'accord avec... Quoi ? Hum, Well, sorry
for the others.  You know, he's french and I am french and it doesn't
happen so often...

Anayway, let's start again:

(Note: All the rest is IMHO)

I don't quite agree with your statement, I think we shouldn't expect
KT to do the same kind of music in every album. What I like about her
is the constant change in her music: I have never seen an artist that
had so much variety in voice, style and instruments. And even if I like
Irish traditionnal music very much, I wouldn't like her sticking to
it, as she wouldn't, in that case, have introduced marvels as the Trio
Bulgarka or all the exotic instruments played by her brother.

BTW, I think it's the first time I write to this list, so let me introduce
myself: I am a 22 year old student at the computer graphics lab in Lille,
France. I have been a KT fan since 1984, I recently discovered Tori Amos,
and, like many people, I'd like to hear some of Happy Rhodes'. And, of course,
I'm waiting for the new album.

	Bonne Annee a tous
	(A Happy New Year to Everyone)

	Max Froumentin

Max FROUMENTIN (froument@lifl.fr)	|
PhD Student				|  "Discussion is an exchange of
Laboratoire d'informatique		|   knowledge; argument is an
fondamentale de Lille 			|   exchange of ignorance."
France					|		- Robert Quillen