Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Griffin and Sabine

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 92 09:10:04 PST
Subject: Griffin and Sabine
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all,  This is almost totally un-Kate related but I figured I would like to
tell Kate this (IF I knew her! :-) ) so maybe some of you would be interested.

Has anyone read Griffin and Sabine?  It's a lovely little book that actually
IS the correspondence between the two titled individuals.  The illustrations
are wonderful and there are letters in envelopes to open and read.  The
characters in the book have never met but Sabine can "see" Griffin in her
mind and so she starts to write to him in England from her small island
in the Pacific.  He is an artist and she can "see" all his art too.  They
both make all their cards and letters by hand so it's really a treat for the
eyes.  Anyway, the story and the book its self was so beautiful and captivating.
I found the whole thing to be very "Katelike" and I thought that Kate would
love it (Christmas, maybe?) and so therefore I though some of you would
be interested in checking it out.  BTW, the second one is called Sabine's
Notebook.  The books are really small and take an hour to read at most.

Andrea.
PS:  Merry Christmas, everyone! *<:-)