Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Big Sky

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 92 14:02:12 PST
Subject: The Big Sky
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Cloudbuster

        Jeff speculated on the nature of the line "You never understood
me, you never really tried" in The Big Sky.  My feeling is that this
may be "the sky" or "the clouds" saying this, saying that people don't
take the time to appreciate these things any more.  I don't have any
real "proof" of this, but here's a quote that kind of suggests it:

        The next song is called "The Big Sky."  Someone sitting looking
at the sky, watching the clouds change.  I used to do this a lot as a
child, just watching the clouds go into different shapes.  I think we
forget these pleasures as adults.  We don't get as much time to enjoy
those kinds of things, or think about them; we feel silly about what we
used to do naturally.  The song is also suggesting the coming of the
next flood - how perhaps the "fools on the hills" will be the wise
ones.   (1985, KBC 18)
/sa

---
rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)