Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dracula & other Scary Tales

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: 29 Nov 1992 00:08:53 -0800
Subject: Re: Dracula & other Scary Tales
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi -

Not to start a flame-ware (who, ME?), but I thought "Bram Stoker's
Dracula" was lame at best.  Self-conscious artiness followed by camp
(actually, the camp parts were OK), followed by long periods of extreme
boredom.  Repeat cycle endlessly.

Now, if you want to check out a great (imnsho), see "Reservoir Dogs" -
Ultraviolent, ultra-cynical, nihilistic fun at it's best.  ObKate:  This
film has a GREAT soundtrack, entirely of the WORST non-disco songs of
the 70's, which quickly make you remember why you became a Kate/Alternative
music fan in the first place.

- Stev0, at the movies

"I put this moment...here
 I put this moment...here
 I put this moment.....up yer friggin' arse, that's where I put it!"
     - From soundtrack to "Reservoir Dogs II"
--
Steve Berlin    .     +I * .o   o.* ` `B +.   |"I just know that something
stev0@sti.com  ' K *  . ' ' |\^/|  `. * .O *  |good is gonna happen!"