Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Y Kant I Read

From: clarkec@sfu.ca (David Gordon Clarke)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1992 04:02:19 GMT
Subject: Y Kant I Read
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sfu.ca

Ok, I admit it, this is Tori Amos related (actually, totally
Tori related...but I don't belong to the really-deep-thoughts
mailing list, and this might be of interest to some readers here...

A while back, there was a lot of talk about the availability of
"Y Kant Tori Read" (or the lack thereof).  While down in California
a while back, I (of course) visited the local record stores...

I found the aforementioned title listed under the "Y"'s...yup, for
"Y Kant...".  I thought this was pretty peculiar, and generally a
mistake on behalf of the store employees.

When I got back home, I looked though my copy of Schwann Spectrum under
"Y".  To my surprise, the following entry was there:

Y Kant Tori Read - Y Kant Tori Read (debut album by
   pianist/singer/songwriter "Tori")(8-88)
          Atlantic   CD    81845-2 ($13.98)
                     Cass  81845-4

This leads me to believe that to get the album, all you would have to do
is contact Atlantic and request it.

Alternatively, Bose Express Music claims that it can get anything listed
in Spectrum...

(BTW, my copy of Spectrum is the Winter 91/92 copy)

                       David Clarke (clarkec@sfu.ca)
                  ....the well is deep...wish me well...