Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

How I learned to stop worrying & love KaTe...

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1992 00:58:24 GMT
Subject: How I learned to stop worrying & love KaTe...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

OK, here goes.  I remember seeing the 1978 Saturday Night Live performance
she did (my senior year in high school and I'd just moved with my family
to Oregon).  I was impressed, and occasionally wondered who that "rolling
the ball" person was, but didn't get the name and eventually forgot about
it.

Then in 1985 RUTH was getting some airplay here and I fell in love with
that voice -- and this time I got the name!  Over the next few months I
picked up the rest of KaTe's catalog and found out who that "rolling the
ball" woman was.  But it wasn't until the following year that I was able to
see any of her video.

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com