Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

As Girl's Go

From: rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.UK
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 92 18:01:44 GMT
Subject: As Girl's Go
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

In article , andrew david simchik (ads) writes:

ads> I still haven't sat down to determine if that's solely about
ads> CD's.  I have to listen closely and read carefully...it's so easy
ads> to misinterpret Suzanne Vega, as well!

I listened to it again today, lyrics in hand and I'm pretty convinced
it's about a transexual.

	I really don't mind, which side of the line you're on
	at any one time.

[Or words to that effect, memory like a sieve]

Seems to indicate a more substantial line than the one CDs cross.

Also, the first person character seems far too worried/confused for
it to just be clothes.

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk			_O_