Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Song about dead lover?

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1992 10:40:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Song about dead lover?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us (Stuart Castergine) writes:

>I'm in need of a good song, lyrics, specifically, about a woman who is
>grieving for her dead lover.

>I'm looking for something KaTeish, but I can't recall anything that
>exactly fits (Wedding List won't do it, doesn't fit the scene). It's
>for a scene in a not-to-be-published bit of group fiction (i.e., no
>profit motive, copyrights not an issue, not to be distributed beyond
>the authors). The woman in question has just seen her lover shot to
>death; he dies not quite in her arms. She's a reckles romantic type,
>always thought she'd be the first to go. He was this solid stabilizing
>influence in her life, the one thing she could always count on. His
>death was a complete fluke. She's very broken up.

"My Lagan Love" sounds like a strong possibility (HoL-era b-side).  I don't
have lyrics handy, but hopefully they shouldn't be too hard get hold of.

Failing that, my second suggestion would be Concrete Blonde's "Darkening of
the Light" from the album _Bloodletting_:

	"Like a ghost -- is the curtain
	In the white light of the morning --
	Dancing in the morning
	Are you there -- are you there?