Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gaffa Artists on Laser Disc

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 15 Nov 1992 19:49:28 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Gaffa Artists on Laser Disc
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

bbaker@na.novell.com,
  in article <1992Nov13.232847.26216@novell.com> writes:
> Anyone know if any of the artists mentioned on this group
> have video on laserdisk?
>
> I've seen Kate Bush _The Whole Story_, but that's it.

There is also an 8" LD of the videos from _The Sensual World_ along with
some interview footage that should be fairly easy to find (although I
suspect that once it's out of print it will be gone for good). _Live at
the Hammersmith Odeon_ was available as a Japanese import but I don't know
if that's still true.  _Hair of the Hound_ was a CAV disc (nice for still
framing) with just the _Hounds of Love_ videos on it that is out of print.
_The Singles File_ was once available as an import but is out of print and
nearly impossible to find.

> Tori

Tori's first longform video was released last week but is not yet available
on laser disc.  According to A*Vision whether that happens depends on the
sales of the video.

> Peter Gabriel

Gotta be, I can't remember the title of the video to check my catalog,
though.

> The The

Something called _Infected_ by The The has inhabited the cutout bins of
our local Camelot for over a year now.   It's still listed in my catalog.

> Elvis Costello

The Best of Elvis Costello is available according to my Ken Krane catalog.

> U2

Rattle and Hum, Under a Blood Red Sky and Unforgettable Fire are all listed
by Ken Krane.

Browsing the Ken Krane catalog I also notice The Eurythmics Live and Sweet
Dreams videos, The Indigo Girls Live and some Kate inspirational movies
like Night of the Demon and She's Having a Baby.

Give Ken Krane a call at 1-800-624-3078 and ask for a catalog.  Their
prices are reasonable and their service has been excellent.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US