Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suzanne picks Kate

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1992 04:18:56 GMT
Subject: Suzanne picks Kate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

OK, OK, so I missed the Kate reference in _Pulse_ about her work
with the Balanescu Quartet (sounds interesting; thanks Chris!)  But
I did come across this ad in the current (Jan. '93) _Musician_ for
the public radio program World Cafe:

"World Cafe, the only show on radio that serves up the hottest mix of
acoustic and alternative rock, R&B, reggae, blues and world music now
features Musician Day on their musical menu.

Every month, a guest artist will pick and play their favorite tunes and
talk about their own music.  Our next guest DJ is Suzanne Vega.  Some of
her picks will include:

Elvis Costello, Leonard Cohen, Stan Ridgway, Les Negresses Vertes, Lou
Reed, Peter Gabriel, KATE BUSH, Bob Dylan, Laura Nyro, Rickie Lee Jones"

This isn't too surprising; I seem to recall seeing a similar kind of
guest VJ thing she did on MTV 4-5 years ago where the video for RUTH was
played and she talked a bit about her own dance training.

Oh yeah, there's a rather nice interview with Tori in this issue, as well.

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com