Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

hellos & goodbyes

From: Valerie Nozick <VNOZICK@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU>
Date: 8-DEC-1992 23:03:29.32
Subject: hellos & goodbyes
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

for the hellos...

hello earth!  good to see everything still alive on gaffa, and lots of new
people to boot.  hurray!  i've just returned from my 3 month journey into
politics (1 of my 2 candidates won), my trip to tennessee, and from the
backroads of my mind.  however, i have to wonder about the last one, since one
of the first posts i read on gaffa was drukman almost...*gasp*...backing down.
what is this...drukman's becoming a softie?  :-)

whilst on my vacation from gaffa, i found the time to see two concerts that
were each amazing:  tori (finally after 3 tries), and 10,000 maniacs.  the
latter was special because of her guest...michael stipe came on stage and
actually *sang*.  he joined natalie on campfire song, and the two did a duet of
a 70s song (the title of which has slipped my mind).  the two of them seemed
awfully close, even for exes.  is it possible that they're dating again?  lots
of lip smacking happening on stage that night.

and as for goodbyes...:-(

Ed, i hope you find a new place from which to e-mail.  through the years you
have shaped gaffa and welcomed many a newcomer warmly.  i expect to see you on
gaffa as much as possible.

Vickie, was your last comment meant in jest or are you also leaving?  maybe
we'll have to coordinate our netting schedules a little better next time!  i
make no warm & gushy comment, since i insist that you were merely jesting.

gosh, it feels great to be back!

==> valerie
vnozick@eagle.wesleyan.edu

ps.  does anyone know when the tori videotape came out?  i just bought it last
week & haven 't seen it yet...ah, the anticipation!