Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Sproingy" -- was bedeutet da?

From: Leigh Ann Hussey <mtxinu!sybase!rocky!leighann@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU>
Date: 6 Nov 92 21:50:47 GMT
Subject: "Sproingy" -- was bedeutet da?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: mtxinu!sybase!news@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU

I read in the FAQ:
>Topics of interest to Love-Hounds include other alternative female
>artists, and Kate-related others like Peter Gabriel and Roy Harper,
>and, for that matter, anything sproingy, or not-so-sproingy.  Many new
>discoveries have been brought to our attention by Vickie Mapes (of
>Vickie'n'Chris), whose definitively sproingy radio show "Suspended in

What means this "sproingy"?  My friend Michael Butler (erstwhile Love-Hound),
when I asked him this, said, "Hm.  After my time.  I suggest it means
the following: Energetic, quirky, and the product of a very particular
personal vision, as for instance 'Vladimir, Vladimir' by Jane Siberry."

So, is he on target, or what?  I can tell this isn't a FAQ, since it's in
the FAQ without a definition!

Cheers,
	- Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann Hussey
leighann@sybase.com           {sun,lll-tis,pyramid,pacbell}!sybase!leighann
"They're mine!  All mine!  And what's mine is mine!" - Daffy Duck