Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 1st Bulgares repost

From: Blos! <u882517@bruny.cc.utas.edu.AU>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1992 11:36:33 GMT
Subject: Re: 1st Bulgares repost
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@newsroom.utas.edu.AU

	God knows what I'm doing posting to this group, owning only two
Kate Bush albums, but on the "Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares" compilations:

	They are in fact the work of Marcel Cellier, who went through
Bulgaria between about 1970 and 1985 recording various singing groups.
The 4AD releases are actually licensed from Disques Cellier, and the
original Cellier recordings had been available for years before, as you
say, tapes began circulating among the hip UK music people.

	There's a Volume 3 as well, on the Fontana label.  All three are
intensely brilliant and moving (he says, listening to Kristin Hersh!).

		Here ends my first and possibly last gaffa post.

			Matthew.

PS: Gaffa doesn't refer to the popular fabric/plastic tape, does it?
	Sounds a bit like an over-zealous fan's fevered dream!