Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate in Dreadlocks

From: Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 92 11:35:45 -0800
Subject: Kate in Dreadlocks
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: fmcquarr@sfu.ca

Ha! I feel vindicated. Ron Hill quotes Kate B. as saying that "KITE is
actually a Bob Marley song". The first time I listened to it on a CD,
through headphones, I thought how reggae-ish it sounded and wondered why I
hadn't noticed this before. I mentioned it to someone else and he looked at
me like I was nuts. Now
I feel somewhat less out to lunch!

Maybe instead of the Trio Bulgarka Kate B. could get the I-Threes to sing
on her next record.....

Fiona McQuarrie
fmcquarr@sfu.ca

P.S. Perhaps the solution to the non-KB artists problem is to encourage
discussion to be restricted to people *who have actually performed with
KB*. This would include e.g. Peter Gabriel and Roy Harper, but not Tori
Amos, Sundays, etc., etc.

Of course taken to logical extremes this would also expand discussion to
Pink Floyd, 10cc, Level 42, and Pilot.....hmmm.....