Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@digex.com
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 92 18:19:35 EDT
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: bobscott@access.digex.com (Bob Scott)
Subject: Re: Michelle Shocked -- Review
Sender: usenet@access.digex.com
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1992 22:19:24 GMT

I saw her last week in DC. VERY odd situation.  Apparently her entire band
walked out on her just prior to the show due to some kind of contractual
problems.  The show was about 45 minutes of Taj, then a stunned <g>
Shocked came out and told us her band was AWOL.  Pretty sad.  She talked about
how well the tour and her music HAD been going, somebody eventually shouted
a song request out and off she went.
  There were spots she had trouble playing (obviously guitar parts she'd
ceded to her band) and occasionally she'd break into what was clearly
background mode and turn and look pointedly at a vacant spot on the stage.
  All in all, not what I expected!  She did a bang-up job considering the
circumstances and,for me at least, the confusion was more than made up for
by the personal insights she provided into the album, tour, and music biz.
  Can't recommend Arkansas Traveler to highly, either.
--

   Bob Scott   Internet: bobscott@digex.com   CompuServe: 73125,1437

                 "Everybody's got a story..."   Mike Hammer