Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Stuff: Proof on Wow! and Kashka

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 92 23:26:17 GMT
Subject: Kate Stuff: Proof on Wow! and Kashka
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

Andrew D. Simchik here:

	I just bought a terrific book called "Kate Bush: A Visual
Documentary" by Cann and Mayes from a local bookstore, and whether it is a
definitive source remains to be seen, but in any case, it contains the
following quotes.

Regarding "Wow!":
	"...this actor has a problem: many successful performers are gay,
but some are too gay--'will never make the Sweeney, be that movie queen.
He's too busy hitting the vaseline'--which may hold your hair in place but
is better known from pre-Aids days as a sexual lubricant....For many gay
actors there is no place in the mainstream--we'll call you--'but don't hold
your breath.'"

Regarding "Kashka from Baghdad":
	"Kate is experiencing alienation again.  Cut off from the laughter
and love of two men, this time she is not alone in her joylessness.  The
loving couple are shunned by old friends and never walk abroad in the dark
moonlit world.  There is"

	This seems to be a good source primarily because the info is cited
as coming from a "phone-in" by Kate herself.  I think this clears things up
quite nicely.

--Andrew D. Simchik