Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Account for Usenet System <news@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 92 10:34:18 PDT
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Karen Silkwood's car)
Subject: Re: Tori talk
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1992 17:33:16 GMT
Sender: news@sco.COM (Account for Usenet System)

vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:
>siemerin@cs.utwente.nl (Ben Siemerink) writes:
>>Unfortunately for all the others, that's not the case. I myself don't like
>>Tori Amos AT ALL, but every day I have to go through a list of more than 16
>>articles of which only four are slightly related to KT.  Actually it's not
>>only Tori Amos, but Peter Gabriel, Utah Saints (I still don't know what this,
>>not that I care or so), C Side Records and the whole lot more. Yes, I'm quite
>>pissed off of all this.
>Say Ben, why don't you make up and post a list of topics acceptable to
>you? That way, everyone on the list and newsgroup can refer to it before
>they post about something that *you're* not interested in. If they
>deviate from that list, you should shoot them.

I'm not going to tell you what to post and where, but this is a newsgroup
about *Kate Bush* in case you've forgotten.  There are plenty of appropriate
places for Tori and PG talk.  Utah Saints did belong here since it was
directly related to KT.  Tori and Peter only seem to fall here because a
vast majority of posters like them as well as Kate.

I know how to program a killfile but perhaps Ben doesn't have the luxury of
reading this group via news.  I used to read it via the digest on a 1200
baud modem and it was quite a terrifying experience.

Anyway, all I'm saying is next time, before you hit the POST button, decide
if your article *really* belongs on a Kate Bush newsgroup.

--
Jon Drukman (God's personal DJ)                 uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.