Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Who sings "Crucify Myself"? -- THANKS!!!

From: lishka@dxcern.cern.ch (Christopher Lishka)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1992 17:44:06 GMT
Subject: Who sings "Crucify Myself"? -- THANKS!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Little did I know when I asked this original question.  After a flood
of replies, I now know that the artist is Tori Amos, the song is
"Crucify", and the CD is "Little Earthquakes".

I ran to the CD shop yesterday (actually my wife picked it up for me)
and have now listened to it twice.  My first impression is that Tori
Amos has definite overtones of Kate Bush in her songs, but her sound
is harsher and her lyrics more cutting.  Someone described Tori Amos
as "Kate Bush with a knife"; personally, she sounds more like Kate
Bush tunes meets cyberpunk lyrics (CyberKate?) to me.  Lovely music,
in any case -- "Crucify", the one about Barbados, and "Little
Earthquakes" really stand out on the first couple listenings.

Thanks to everyone for replying ... I enjoyed the many comments!  It
is good to see that rec.music.gaffa is still inhabited by some
wonderful folks.  I wish I could join you more often, but work calls.
Take care and hang loose.
							.oO Chris Oo.

--
                                                           Christopher Lishka
 Never drive a car when you're dead...			   PPE Division, CERN