Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work

From: Gordon Locke <glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: 7 Oct 92 21:35:32 GMT
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work
To: rec-music-gaffa@dkuug.dk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

	At first I wasn't going to shell out the _major_ loons (that's
Canadian dollars for youse foreigners =^]) for the TWW box set, but when
the local record store marked down their only remaining LP version to
the point that they were making $2 on it, I made the plunge.  I was only
ever planning to get the vinyl version, anyway, but it seemed they
couldn't get rid of that one, while they sold 2 or 3 CD versions.
	I then thought I'd justify this excessive expenditure by selling
my existing records.  Though the large sized picture book, original
cover TKI and new songs I'd never heard before (B-sides) already
cushioned the blow somewhat.  But again I changed my mind -- I want to
be able to _play_ my records, don't I? =^]
	BTW, the box set was a UK import that the manager of a nearby
Sam the Record Man (a _HUGE!!_ Kate fan) had ordered in.  It was not
released domestically here as far as I know.  (This guy -- Wayne I think
his nam was -- had tons of Kate posters, rare albums, picture discs,
etc. plastered on the walls of a little back room in the Store.  I would
visit the place just to hang around near the back and cop an occasional
glimpse into this wonrdrous visual collage of Kate stuff!)
Unfortunately, he since left the store to manage one somewhere else --
New Brunswick, I think.  So now some lucky N.B. Kate fans get to see
this collection of Katenalia, gleaned from years in the biz, presumably.
>sigh!<
	- Gord, Self-Proclaimed Supreme Kate Fan of Newfoundland!!
	- glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca
	(Although a couple of my friends would dispute this claim!)l