Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

> 	 "Maybe, leastways is the best way of all" -Caterwaul

Speaking of which, has anyone heard a status report on Caterwaul
recently?  Last I heard they had some prospects for a new record deal
but that was quite some time ago.

I was finally able to get a copy of their first, _The Nature of Things_.
I was a bit disappointed since I don't think it even begins to measure
up to _Pin and Web_ or _Portent Hue_.  It's sounds to me like they hadn't
quite nailed their style down yet.  Betsy's vocals aren't up to their
Caterwauling peak and they the lack of the the wonderfully busy little
riffs on guitar makes the whole thing seem rather repetitive at times.

The bright spot is _Diminuative Do-si-do_, which is entirely too
short.  Program it to repeat about four times.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com