Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Regional Music Promoters Project

From: treadway@OHSTPW.MPS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Date: 28 Sep 92 15:31:54 GMT
Subject: Regional Music Promoters Project
To: rec-music-gaffa@dkuug.dk
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.industrial, rec.music.makers

			REGIONAL MUSIC PROMOTERS (9/28/92)

Hi, we are volunteers with the Ohio State University Student Events Committee,
the Wexner Center Student Association and a few other groups that organize
musical events.  We are now expanding beyond our immediate region when
promoting shows.  The electronic media based Alternative Media Alternative
Music (AMAM) is the result of this expansion.

AMAM is a volunteer based non-profit effort aimed at promoting both live and
recorded music by local/independent bands on a larger regional level.  (Note:
"local" and "independent" are used to stress that this is not aimed at major
acts, but we wouldn't refuse any such inquiries either!)  Using newsgroups
and e-mail to organize such a project seems like a novel and inexpensive, yet
dependable and practical, method:  No enormous long distance phone bills, no
endless games of "telephone-tag", and easily written, stored, printed and
replicated documentation.

We have already compiled preliminary directories of representatives, DJ's and
bands across North America.  We are now recruiting additional volunteers
interested in finding out more about their regional music scene and this
project.  If this sounds like you or someone you know, let us know.

                                                        * ALTERNATIVE *
Have fun, Joel Treadway and Todd Sines                  M  /\   |\  /|M
Alternative Media Alternative Music                     U /__\  | \/ |E
treadway@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu                      S/ /\ \ |\  /|D
tsines@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu                        I /__\  | \/ |I
                                                        * ALTERNATIVE *