Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I hope nobody out there don't hate my Tori, but...

From: messer@utkvx3.utk.edu (The Jagged of your Dreams!)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1992 14:46:00 GMT
Subject: I hope nobody out there don't hate my Tori, but...
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@utkux1.utk.edu (USENET News System)

You see, I went to see Tori Amos live last night.
I've been looking forward to this for weeks, not the least of which reasons is
that Knox Vegas is a sleepy little burg, but mainly because Tori has become my
moon goddess.   ;)

The 'cert was at the Bijou Theatre, which is a wonderful old building which is
trying to raise money for air-conditioning.  They still don't have it, but
luckily the weather is becoming nicer here in K-town.

The concert itself was great.  Better than sex, even.  The only song I can
think of from _LE_ that she didn't play is "Girl", and she played "Smells Like
Teen Spirit" and "Angie."

Somebody named A Man Called E was suppose to open for her, but evidently he was
sick, or fired, or something, so a local K-villian named R.B. Morris (really
popular here 'bouts (with damn good reason)) opened for her.  He's a
bluesy-kinda' guitar player.  It was nice.

But the concert was over, and I was shakey in the knees,and I went and waited
with the crowd outside for her to come out so's I could play fanboy.
And I did.
And she hugged me.
And said I had nice dimples.
And I almost cried.

She's so NICE to people!!!  It was lalala.

Anyway, I picked up a little form to join the fanboy club, and it has this
little space (and I mean little) to tell where one first heard of her.  Well, I
first heard of her right here, on rec.music.gaffa, but I'm not sure how to
write that in the little "OTHER ________________" space.
Any ideas?

Anyone know when next she will be in Athens, Atlanta, Nashville, or anyplace in
between?

Anyway, be good kids.

*                                            |Damian K. Messer                *
*     OM   tat savitur varenyam              |Internet:messer@utkvx.utk.edu   *
*          bhargo devasya dhimahi            |Bitnet:messer@utkvk3            *
*          dhiyo yo pracodayat               |5809 Haynes-Sterchi Rd.         *
*                                            |Knoxville, TN 37912             *
*          (this space for joy)              |(615)689-5722                   *