Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Loreena McKennitt (and Sarah McLachlan) on CBC Stereo's Hot Ticket

From: Berton Wong <wongb@ee470.EE.McGill.CA>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 09:31:29 EDT
Subject: Loreena McKennitt (and Sarah McLachlan) on CBC Stereo's Hot Ticket
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hot Ticket is a new 1 hour weekly radio program on CBC Stereo, featuring
concerts recorded at various venues across Canada.

On Sunday Sep 27 at 16:08 local time they will be broadcasting a Loreena
McKennitt concert. My guess is that it was a performance she did at Ontario
Place in August.

To hear the show, you will have to be pretty close to the Canada-US border.
Most Canadian cities have a CBC Stereo transmitter, but the range is only
a few hundred kilometres. There is a very minute chance that the show is
also on Radio Canada International, a shortwave service, but I haven't
confirmed this. E-Mail me for a list of frequencies to try. If it is on
shortwave, it would most likely be at 16:08 EDT. Another alternative might
be satellite radio. Since it is a nationally broadcast show, the uplink time
is most likely Sep 27 15:08 EDT on either Anik E1 or E2. I have not confirmed
this either. If you do find the show on SW or satellite, please send me some
e-mail.

By the way: EDT is UTC - 4

There will also be a Sarah MacLachlan concert but I don't know when it will
be broadcast. Probably sometime in October or November. They announce the
following week's show at the end of the program, so I'll post again when I
find out. It may be the Aug 20 show at Molson Place that was discussed here.

Here are the performances that I know of:

Little Village              Sep 6
Shirley Eikhard, The Roches Sep 13
Blue Rodeo                  Sep 20
Loreena McKennitt           Sep 27

--In October...
Neville Brothers
Rickie Lee Jones
Barenaked Ladies

--Who knows when...
John Hammond
Michelle Shocked
Jeff Healey Band
Sarah McLachlan

PS: By the way, I've recently noticed repeated posts on gaffa.
    Has anyone else seen this?