Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 'Hello, Earth' lyrics

From: john@tessi.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 92 12:57:13 PDT
Subject: Re: 'Hello, Earth' lyrics
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Phil Plait asks:

>German, "Tiefel, Tiefel..." I know Tiefel is 'devil', but I cannot quite
>catch the rest of what she is saying. Anyone know?

This seems to come up every so often, maybe it should be put into the FAQ.
The line is 'Tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht.'

Auf Englisch: 'Deeper, deeper, somewhere in the depths there is a light.'

The German word for devil is 'Teufel'.

John Zimmer                                    john@tessi.com

        "The happy phantom has no right to bitch."