Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Answer to Intergalactic Garage

From: Angus Fluffy Rae <asr@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 8 Sep 92 14:18:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Answer to Intergalactic Garage
To: rec-music-gaffa@uknet.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

katefans@chinet.chinet.chi.il (Chris n Vickie) writes:
>Vickie and Chris here. This is *long*.

And I've deleted much of it....

>> From: allan@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Allan Balliett)
>> As far as I know, we are the last
>> place in the US where you can buy a Tori Crucify ltd box for $14.99 or
>> Silent All These Years ltd digi w/ 2 non-lp + 1 live for $12.00. Take
>> Care friends!

>   Well, Chris bought a Tori Crucify ldt box for $11.99 from a record store
>in Boulder, Co. last week, so that's not much in IG's defense.

Ohboy, finally I feel _good_ about being stuck on this side of the Big
Pond. I got my copies (and certainly the SATY limited edition is still
readily available) for the grand price of (I think) 2.99 pounds each. Or
was it 3.99? I think one was 2.99 and one was 3.99. Anyway, at current
exchange rates I think that works out at $6 or $8 dollars respectively.
Mind you that was just after release. What were the original prices of
the limited editions?

As to the argument that this was tacked onto the end of - well, I can't
comment. I find it pays to shop around as much as possible, unless it's
something that is spellblindingly rare which you know will vanish the
moment you leave the shop.
--
Angus G Rae, the Cuddly Vampire Teddy Bear [asr@castle.edinburgh.ac.uk]
"Let me explain about Genetic Engineering. That's where you take a cell