Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Never For Ever box revisited

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: 1 Sep 92 10:24:05 GMT
Subject: Re: Never For Ever box revisited
To: rec-music-gaffa@uknet.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <9208312339.AA14281@relay2.UU.NET>, UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu writes:
> More info about the NEVER FOR EVER box:
>
> The release date is supposedly set for September 22. The set will
> contain a T-shirt and a photo booklet, and is limited to 1,500
> copies worldwide. Intergalactic garage is advertising it preordered
> for $69.95 + 5 bucks postage. ($75 plus postage after release).
> I assume that C-Side records will carry this piece as well.

The latest Record Collector has an ad for Key Mail Order which has the
Never Forever box set listed twice, although knowing the initial
confusion over the "A Lioness at Heart" box set, they could well be
referring to one and the same thing.

One says "Limited Edition (1000) UK Boxset featuring CD, T-shirt,
Postcards book from the sessions [sic - I assume that isn't a
"postcards book", whatever that might be] - L35.99"

The other says "CD in a Ltd Edition 12"x12" Book (hardback) with full
colour artwork & 48 pages of text - L37.99"

They're both listed as "Not in stock" with no in-stock date. I think
I'll wait until they make up their mind what exactly they're sellling 8^)

Anybody got any idea what photo sessions might be associated with "Never
Forever"? All I can think of are the Babooshka video (mmmh, yes!) and
cover shot, the "Army Dreamers" cover shot and the KaTebat shots.

PS. Also in RC is an item about an exhibition Gered Mankowitz is
putting on at the Cromwell & Ward Gallery in London this month. The
article implies that some of his work with KaTe will be there, and
prints/silkscreens etc will also be on sale.

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "Can I assume you're pissed out of
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    /  your head on 'Big Sky', on the new