Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah M. in New York

From: Steve.Zwanger@lambada.oit.unc.edu (Steve Zwanger)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1992 21:18:12 GMT
Subject: Sarah M. in New York
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@samba.oit.unc.edu

Last night I saw Sarah McLachlan in concert at Symphony Space in NYC. She
was terrific! She played the songs from "Solace" (except "Wear Your
Love Like Heaven"), some from "Touch" and a new song called "Elsewhere" which
was very good. When she sang "Steaming" the band included little bits from
"Gonna Make You Sweat", "Vogue" and "Staying Alive" (didn't someone mention
something like this from a previous concert?) Here are some of the comments
she made on her songs:

"Out of the Shadows" -- the first song she ever wrote
"Lost" -- very sad
"Shelter" -- "dedicated to all creatures less fortunate than us"
"I Will Not Forget You" -- a young woman falls in love with a wonderful man,
     but unfortunately he's a figment of her vivid imagination
"Black" -- dedicated to corporate pigs
"Mercy" -- depressing; "probably the saddest song I've ever written"

She said she'd been touring for the past 14 months solid, but only had
2 more dates to play. Incidentally, she sounded less Sinead-like live than
she did on the CD.

Steve

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information