Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The All-Out Kate Bush Music Poll

From: v129j6ed@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (This is F.U.N.)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1992 19:28:00 GMT
Subject: The All-Out Kate Bush Music Poll
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nntp@acsu.buffalo.edu

Hello, and Welcome to the All-Out Kate Bush Music Poll.  There are alot
of songs in general which we all know if we like or not.  I figured it
would be a good idea to see exactly where each song ranks among Kate's
material.  The material covered by this poll are all the albums, "the
Whole Story", the 2 B-side CDs, the "Rocket Man" single, and her
duet with Peter Gabriel, "Don't Give Up".

The voting will be done under a simple system. How songs will be ranked
will be determined by average score each song has. Place a number 1 thru 10
(1 being horrible to 10 being top of the line) on the left hand side
of each song/album. Here is an example.

8  The Kick Inside
10 Lionheart
8  Never ForEver

It is pretty simple to do. Voting will end on September 14, 1992. Results
will be posted on September 15, 1992.

Send all replies to v129j6ed@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

Remember, KaTe is watchin' you.

Albums
------
   The Kick Inside
   LionHeart
   Never ForEver
   The Dreaming
   Hounds of Love
   The Whole Story
   The Sensual World
   Kate Bush Vol. 1
   Kate Bush Vol. 2

The Kick Inside                        LionHeart
---------------                        ---------
   Moving                                 Symphony in Blue
   Saxophone Song                         In Search of Peter Pan
   Strange Phenomena                      Wow
   Kite                                   Don't Push Your Foot on the
   The Man with the Child in his Eyes         HeartBreak
   Wuthering Heights                      Oh England, My LionHeart
   James and the Cold Gun                 FullHouse
   Feel It                                In the Warm Room
   Oh To Be In Love                       KashKa From Baghdad
   L'amour Looks Something Like You       Coffee UnderGround
   Them Heavy People                      Hammer Horror
   Room for the Life
   The Kick Inside

Never ForEver                          The Dreaming
-------------                          ------------
   Babooshka                              Sat in Your Lap
   Delius                                 There Goes a Tenor
   Blow Away (for Bill)                   Pull Out the Pin
   All We Ever Look For                   Suspended In Gaffa
   Egypt                                  Leave It Open
   The Wedding List                       The Dreaming
   Violin                                 Night of the Swallow
   Infant Kiss                            All the Love
   Night Scent Stocking                   Houdini
   Army Dreamers                          Get Out of My House
   Breathing

Hounds of Love                         The Sensual World
--------------                         -----------------
   Running Up That Hill                   The Sensual World
   Hounds of Love                         Love and Anger
   The Big Sky                            The Fog
   Mother Stands for Comfort              Reaching Out
   Cloudbusting                           Heads We're Dancing
   And Dream Of Sheep                     Deep Understanding
   Under Ice                              Between a Man and a Woman
   Waking the Witch                       Never Be Mine
   Watching You Without Me                Rocket's Tail
   Jig of Life                            This Woman's Work
   Hello Earth                            Walk Straight Down the Middle
   The Morning Fog

Kate Bush Vol. 1                       Kate Bush Vol. 2
----------------                       ----------------
   The Empty Bullring                     I'm Still Waiting
   Ran Tan Waltz                          Ken
   Passing Thru Air                       Once More......
   December Will Be Magic Again           Wuthering Heights (New Vocal)
   Warm and Soothing                      Experiment IV
   Lord of the Reedy River                Them Heavy People (Live)
   Ne T'enfuis Pas                        Don't Push Your Foot on the
   Un Baiser d'enfant                        HeartBreak (Live)
   Under The Ivy                          L'amour Looks Something Like You
   Burning Bridges                           (Live)
   My Lagan Love                          James and the Cold Gun (Live)
   The Handsome Cabin Boy                 Running Up That Hill
   Not This Time                             (Extended Mix)
   Be Kind To My Mistakes                 CloudBusting
                                             (Orgonon Mix)
                                          Alternate Hounds of Love
                                          The Big Sky
                                             (The Meteorlogical Mix)
                                          Experiment IV
                                             (Extended Mix)

Also
----
   Rocket Man
   Candle In the Wind
   Don't Give Up

"Groovy!" - Ash "Evil Dead II : Dead By Dawn" (1987)
"Fans are interesting things. Rush fans just can't comprehend why the
rest of the world doesn't like Rush. REM fans consider the rest of the world
beneath their social level to notice. Kate Bush fans love the rest of the
world, and the world loves them, but spend long nights plotting to knife
one another."                    --Richard Darwin
                                   Richard Darwin #33, "Gradenza"
v129j6ed@ubvms
The KaTeFan(tm)